Environmental protectionis a top priority at OvernightPrints What can OvernightPrints do nevertheless to sustainably preserve and protect the environment?
- We use the dry offset technique for our entire offset production. OvernightPrints is one of the largest dry offset printers world wide. We abstain altogether from using industrially manufactured alcohol in the printing process, which conserves the natural resources.
- 95 % of our printing presses use the latest short inking technology, which reduces the inking system from more than 15 down to only one ink transfer roller. This reduces the printers' waste when setting up a printing job from the 100 - 200 sheets customary in the market down to a mere 10 sheets. This is quite a significant contribution to protecting the environment.
- We do not only have a modern production plant with low emission, but also our own solar power system. This allows us to get 60% of our energy requirements from renewable solar energy and thus to protect the environment sustainably.
We mostly print using print colors which are free of binding agents containing mineral oil. The binding agents used are based on natural oils like rapeseed oil.
- Deinking in the recycling process is significantly easier with offset printing than it is with inkjet- or liquid toner-printing methods. We manufacture 95 % of our products using the offset method. OvernightPrints offers offset printing for small quantities from as low as 100, where many of our competitors use the lower priced inkjet or dry toner methods!
- We exclusively use paper which is FSC certified and therefore stems from responsible forest management.
- We predominantly use packaging material that can be recycled.
In doing so, we make a significant contribution to the preservation of our beautiful environment. Still we need to keep on calling on the manufacturers of printing presses to finally take steps toward better energy efficiency. In our opinion, in this day and age it should not be a problem to build machines where the energy consumption is reduced by 50% (compared to the currently available technology).